The lovely Alex from Undergraduate Style nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thank you Alex! I’m flattered. 🙂
The rules are as follows:
-First, post 11 random facts about yourself.
-Then, answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you will post.
-Finally, choose 11 new blogs with under 200 followers for their Liebster Award, notify them that they have been nominated, and think of 11 questions for them to answer!
1) I was homeschooled from 5th grade through high-school graduation.
2) I’m not a huge fan of cooking (probably because I have to do it every day) but I love to bake.
3) I prefer to watch the movie before reading the book. That way I’m not disappointed in the movie, and the book is like an “extended edition”.
4) I almost never wear scarves, because I really hate having anything touching my neck.
5) I studied singing and dancing for years, and seriously considered majoring in musical theater. I ended up majoring in dance.
6) I met my husband in a coffee shop. What can I say? It was the 1990s.
7) I am the middle child of 7. I have 3 older sisters, a younger sister, and 2 younger brothers.
9) I’m a huge fan of classic movies – I’ve got a gigantic Pinboard to prove it. http://www.pinterest.com/bibliophile78/great-classic-films/
10) My favorite Disney Princess is Belle, but as a kid I got compared to Snow White a lot.
11) My name is pronounced SEE-la, which rhymes with Sheila, which is my sister-in-law’s name.
My Answers to Alex’s Questions:
1) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Perfectly ripe blueberries – the blend of tart & sweet is yummy!
2) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live? Honestly, I’m such a homebody, I’m going to choose my own home.
3) What’s your favorite song/album? Get Happy by Judy Garland
4) If you had to change your name, what would you change it to and why? Elizabeth. I love my name, but I sometimes wish for a “normal” name, and Elizabeth Bennett is one of my favorite literary heroines.
5) If you could live anywhere on the planet, where would you choose to live? Inside the TARDIS, which is sometimes on this planet. 😉
6) Describe your perfect day. A perfect day is when I get to read and watch movies all day, and the house stays clean anyway.
7) What is your favorite article of clothing/pair of shoes/accessory that you own? My houndstooth cardigan.
8) What is your number one piece you’d like to add to your closet? A purple plaid button down.
9) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? My quick temper.
10) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would you bring and why? My copy of the complete works of Jane Austen, because I’m going to want to read, and I know that is highly re-readable. Sunscreen, because my super pale skin burns way too easily. A battery operated two-way radio, so I can call for help to get me off this island!
11) If you were stranded on a dessert island, what would it be made of? Ha! Good one. Chocolate, because, of course!
I actually don’t read a ton of blogs, and Alex already nominated several of the ones I do read, so I only have 7 nominees. They are all friends from GCOGH!
Samantha at Sammi Rambles
Alyssa at A Matchy Matchy Midlife
Mrs. Teacher Ma’am at Cute For the Classroom
Natalie at Purple Closet Beauty
Nicole from Mamateur
Aida from See it. Love it. Work it.
1) Who is your style icon, and why?
2) What was your favorite book as a child?
3) Have you ever been compared to a famous person (or cartoon)? If so, who?
4) Book first or movie first? Explain.
5) What made you start blogging?
6) What’s your favorite color combination to wear?
7) What is your favorite literary genre, and book / author within that genre?
8) Describe your style in 5 adjectives.
9) Who is your oddest celebrity crush?
10) Do you pattern mix? Explain why or why not.
11) Do you say pa-JAM-as or pa-JAHM-as?