From The Broke and the Bookish: Top Ten Tuesday REWIND! (Pick from previous topics that you want to do again or may have missed).
I chose to do Childhood Favorites, which was the very first Top Ten Tuesday prompt. In approximate order from youngest to oldest (so, starting with picture books, and progressing to YA).
- Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
- Bread and Jam for Frances by Russell Hoban
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Baby Sitter’s Club series by Ann M. Martin
- Sweet Valley Twins & Sweet Valley High series by Francine Pascal
- A Summer to Die by Lois Lowry
- The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I think it’s funny how each set of two books shows a different stage of my childhood. I went from classic children’s picture books, to British manor house stories, to popular preteen chick lit, to tearjerkers, and finally to classic novels.