Today’s prompt over at The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Books On My Spring 2014 TBR List.
New to me:
- Tooth and Claw by Jo Walton. When Melissa @ Avid Reader’s Musings compared it to Pride & Prejudice I was intrigued, to say the least.
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I saw the movie years ago and really enjoyed it. I’ve been meaning to read the book ever since.
- Who Could That Be at This Hour? by Lemony Snicket. My son read this last year and I need to read it so we can discuss! This will be a read aloud to my kids.
- When Did You See Her Last? by Lemony Snicket. Ditto the last one.
- Micro by Michael Crighton. If I’d done a Top Ten of favorite male authors, Crichton would’ve made the list.
- Hercule Poirot The Complete Short Stories by Agatha Christie. I want to re-ead all the Poirot mysteries in order of publication (or as close as I can get). I read The Mysterious Affair at Styles and Murder on the Links last year. The first 25 stories in this are next.
- The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. Probably my favorite Poirot story.
- The Big Four by Agatha Christie. I’m honestly not sure if this is a re-read or not. Christie was so prolific, and I’ve read so many of her works, that sometimes I just don’t remember if I’d read something or not.
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley. Vampires, and demons, and cinnamon rolls, oh my!
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. Does this really need explanation?
Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.
*** Hey all you book-lovers, do you love fashion too? Do you ever wear outfits inspired by what you’ve been reading? If so, or if this sounds intriguing, join me this Thursday, 3/20/14, for Thoughtful Third Thursday! ***