Amanda at The Book Badger has a fabulous link up called Five Friday Favourites. Last Friday’s prompt was Favourite Villains. Originally, I wasn’t intending to participate. I try to alternate my TFT posts between books and style, and this is a style week. However, after reading Amanda’s post, I got to thinking about all my favorite baddies, and I just had to create my own list! Plus, this totally fits in with Top Ten Tuesday over at the Broke and the Bookish. Their prompt today is Characters Who X (you fill in the blank).
- Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series. Yes, Voldemort is the big, evil, scary bad guy, but we’re talking about my favorites, and Umbridge is a villain I just love to hate. She seems so sweet and syrupy that you just know she’s pure evil underneath.
- In that same vein, Annie Wilkes from Stephen King’s Misery. She gives a whole new meaning to ” killing with kindness”.
- Dickens wrote some truly memorable villains, but my favorite is Uriah Heep from David Copperfield. He’s so oily, and creepy, that he makes my skin crawl just thinking about him.
- Speaking of making my skin crawl, President Coriolanus Snow from The Hunger Games Trilogy. Do you think he is a victim of nominative determinism or just a cold hearted snake?
- George Wickham from Pride and Prejudice. He’s so very charming, it’s hard to believe he’s really all that bad.