Melissa @ Avid Reader’s Musings did a great post for her 30th birthday highlighting all the wonderful things she did in her 20s. That post inspired today’s Top Five Tuesday: Things I Did This Year, in honor of my 36th birthday on Friday. 🙂
- Bought my “Forever Home” – this was a HUGE deal for us, as it involved years of saving and planning, house hunting, buying, moving (ugh, that’s the worst), and then selling our old house.
- Celebrated 13 years of marriage to my wonderful husband – read the beginning of our story here.
- Homeschooled both of my children for the first time. I’ve been homeschooling my son since 2010, but this past school year was my daughter’s first. The biggest thing I did was teach her to read! Teaching a child to read is an amazing experience – I’m so thrilled to have taught both of my kids to read and to watch them blossom into little bibliophiles. 😀
- Started this blog! Not only did I start this blog, but I also co-created and co-host a link up: Thoughtful Third Thursday (T3) with my best blogging buddy, Maricel.
- Read a LOT of books! I started tracking my reads via Pinterest and then moved over to Goodreads. In the past 12 months, I’ve read 71 books (68 of them in 2014), not including the 28 Magic Tree House books and numerous non-fiction and picture books I’ve read to my kids. 😉