The lovely Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek tagged me with the Seven Deadly Sins Tag last week. I was already thinking of my answers (seriously, I can’t read one of these things without doing that) when I saw that she had tagged me. 😀
1. Greed – What is your most inexpensive book? The VAST majority of the books I buy are from the bargain shelf / library book sale / thrift store. The deal that made me squee most recently was a brand new, hardback copy of Cinder by Marissa Meyer for $4.98. I still haven’t read it though. I think I’m going to wait until next fall just before Winter comes out, in case I LOVE it and want to marathon the series.
2. Wrath – What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Maybe Neil Gaiman? I feel like I SHOULD love him. He writes fantasy, which is one of my favorite genres, he’s a big Whovian, everyone else loves him, etc. But the first (and only) Gaiman I read, Stardust, was just meh for me.
3. Gluttony – What book have you devoured over and over with no shame? The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins, hands down. I’ve read the entire trilogy 4 times in the past 2 years. Every time, I tell myself I’m going to read slowly and savor every word, but then I end up binge reading all three books in as many days and get a massive book hangover.
4. Sloth – What book have you neglected reading due to laziness? The Silmarillion by J. R. R. Tolkien. Y’all, I LOVE Tolkien but this book is soooo dense!
5. Pride – What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I don’t do this, but I do talk about all the books my kids read because I’m a super proud mama!
6. Lust – What attributes do you find attractive in male or female characters? My favorite male characters are usually kind, loyal, and funny (Peeta from THG – why oh WHY didn’t that scene ^ make it into the film?). I’m also partial to sarcastic smart-alecks (Minho from The Maze Runner). Hmm, all of those adjectives apply to my husband! 😉
7. Envy – What book would you most like to receive as a gift? Number one on my Christmas list is Clariel by Garth Nix.
I’m tagging: Rachel @ The End of the Chapter
Erin @ Raised Reading
Anyone else who’s interested!