Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is a Freebie, so I chose to write about my book “boyfriends”.
- Henry Tilney from Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. He can’t help but tease his lady love just a little bit.
- Minho from The Maze Runner series by James Dashner (pictured). He was far and away my favorite character and needs his own book!
- Taks from Shadows by Robin McKinley. Part of the reason I loved Minho was because he reminded me of Taks. They’re both snarky, cheeky, wisecracking, and adorable.
- Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. Do I really need to explain this one? They’re a riot!
- Darcy O’Mara from the Her Royal Spyness series by Rhys Bowen. Darcy drops in and out of Georgie’s life on a whim – what is he doing when he’s not with her?
- Ranger from the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. The guy is practically a ninja, and he could’ve totally gone in the Smart Aleck category.
- Henry Nobley from Austenland by Shannon Hale (pictured). He starts out as a cold Mr. Darcy character, but is he really what he appears to be? I must admit that part of my love might be due to JJ Feild (who also played Henry Tilney on screen, and whose name is really spelled that way).
- Paul Child from My Life in France by Julia Child (pictured). I debated about including him because he’s a real person as well as a character, but I still love him! He’s so incredibly supportive of Julia! Plus, Stanley Tucci!
- Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. He’s just so solid – loyal, dependable, strong. I do appreciate that Josh Hutcherson / the writers / directors of the films have made Peeta a little sassy.
- Alec Fletcher from the Daisy Dalrymple series by Carola Dunn. Handsome, intelligent, loving husband and father – what’s better than that?
After 15 years my husband isn’t much of a mystery, but he is the perfect blend of smart aleck and sweetheart. The vast majority of my book “boyfriends” remind me of him, in one way or another. ❤