Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is “Ten Bookish People You Should Follow On Twitter/Instagram/Youtube/Snapchat/Facebook — you pick the platform of your choice to talk about all the interesting bookish people to follow! If you don’t use social media much you can pick your favorite bookish blogs or new blogs you’ve come across to follow.”
So, here is my list of “people” to follow (a few are characters, hence the quotation marks).
- Alison @ Alison’s Wonderland Recipes writes an entire blog dedicated to books and food. She has creative recipes, beautiful photographs, and custom tea blends.
- Melissa @ Avid Reader’s Musings is the first book blogger I ever read, and she remains a favorite. She’s on a break right now because she’s a new mom, but you can enjoy her impressive backlist of book reviews.
- Lark @ The Bookwyrm’s Hoard is my go-to for cozy mystery recs, but my favorite feature is her weekly News & Notes posts. Without her, I would be woefully uninformed about bookish news!
- Stefani @ Caught Read Handed is a children’s and YA librarian, so I rely on her blog to keep me informed of the latest and greatest in YA and picture books. Also, she’s super sweet!
- Gracey @ Fashion for Giants is a personal style blogger. Her Literary Stylings feature beautifully blends two of my favorite things – books and fashion.
- For library humor, try I work at a public library.
- For a daily dose of holiday humor, follow children’s book author and illustrator Sandra Boynton on Facebook.
- Paddington Bear (the lovable film version) has an adorable Facebook page!
- For sage advice, follow Mo Willems’ Pigeon (pictured above) on Twitter. An example:
Valentines advice: Even though they are equivalent, it is better to say. “I love you more now than ever” than “I used to love you less”.