I give you things that fill me with Bibliophilic Bliss:
- Finding a long anticipated title has been ordered by the library and I’m #1 on the holds list.
- Getting notification that a long awaited hold is available at the library (see above).
- Getting the book in my grubby little hands (see #s 1 & 2).
- Using bookish coffee mugs.
- Finding a really great deal on a book – like this set for $10 at a library sale:
- Finding the meaning of a book’s title in the text.
- Discovering that Hoopla has added new titles.
- Finding someone else who fangirls (or fanboys) as hard as I do for a book.
Friendship is born at that moment when one man says to another: “What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
- When books feel nice – deckle edge pages and / or a satin-y cover (I don’t know what it’s called, but the hardback version of The Cuckoo’s Calling has this type of cover. If anyone knows what that finish is called, please tell me!).
- Watching my kids be excited about reading.