Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is “Ten Books I Feel Differently About After Time Has Passed (less love, more love, complicated feelings, indifference, thought it was great in a genre until you became more well read in that genre etc.)”
- The Hannah Swensen series by Joanne Fluke. The quality of this series has been dropping for awhile, but the most recent book is a real clunker.
- The Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton. I loved the first 3 books in this series, but the 4th and 5th books were dire disappointments.
- Beauty by Sheri S. Tepper. This book was amazing when I was a teen, but when I tried to re-read it, I had to DNF. I think I’ve become more squeamish.
- A Tangled Web by L. M. Montgomery. I loved everything Montgomery in high school, but now I can see that this book is full of spite, selfishness, and instalove.
- The Emily series by L. M. Montgomery. Emily is no Anne.
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell. I loved this book SO MUCH! One of my closest blogging friends was less than impressed. I want to re-read, but I’m scared. What if I don’t love it anymore?
- The Rook by Daniel O’Malley. This book has grown in my estimation since I finished it. I can’t wait to re-read in anticipation of Stiletto!
- The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery. My favorite non-Anne Montgomery gets better with each re-read!